Strange problem with portmaster

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Wed Aug 7 16:08:04 UTC 2013

I recently upgraded all the ports on a server, so I decided to run
portmaster -r perl to make sure all the perl ports were up to date.

I used portmaster -rfd perl and got the following error:
/var/db/pkg/fd does not exist

I googled a bit and found nothing.  Then I thought, that's strange, fd was
the second and third commands.  So I ran:
portmaster -r -f -d perl and I got /var/db/pkg/f does not exist

Then I tried portmaster -rf -d perl and got /var/db/pkg/d does not exist

I finally just ran portmaster -r perl, which worked of course.

Apparently the -r switch doesn't want to see anything after except the port
that's being recursively built?  I didn't try portmaster -fd -r perl.
Maybe I should have?

--
Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Senior Information Security Analyst