KDE4 woes

Stan Gammons s_gammons at charter.net
Sun Aug 4 13:34:11 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-08-01 at 09:41 -0400, Andre Goree wrote:
> I'm running KDE4 w/pulseaudio built entirely from ports -- albeit on
> 8.4-STABLE.  I also use portupgrade rather than portmaster, though that
> shouldn't matter.  Why not start with posting some of the errors that
> you got along with the port that you received the error on?  Shouldn't
> be _too_ painful to get it working :)

I still haven't given up, but I'm rapidly approaching that point.

After another, lost count on how many this makes, start from scratch of
installing 9.1 release, fetching and install the patches with
freebsd-update, then fetching the ports with portsnap fetch the portsnap
extract. Then I installed pkgng and converted the database, then I
installed portmaster and installed xorg with all of the default options
using portmaster x11/xorg. So far so good. Next I tried to install KDE4
with all of the default options using portmaster x11/kde4. The build
process starts and I ended up with something like this on the screen

Deprecated line in the makefile and try again

Update for net-im/libmsn failed
Aborting update

Update for net-im/kopete-kde4 failed
Aborting update

Update for net/kdenetwork4 failed
Aborting update

Killing background jobs

Terminated
Terminated
Terminated
Terminated
Terminated
Terminated
Terminated
Terminated
Terminated
Terminated
Terminated
Exiting

SO, anybody have any ideas why this is failing?

The machine has a Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 motherboard with an AMD FX4100
3.6 Ghz processor, 8 GB of memory, Radeon HD-6570 video card.

Stan