ports/172837: lang/swi-pl compiles with databases/libiodbc

Johan van Selst johans at FreeBSD.org
Sat Aug 3 09:30:42 UTC 2013

Johan van Selst wrote:
> cpghost wrote:
> > I've discovered the reason for this:
> Ah, great. Now I can reproduce it as well. You are right, it is a hidden
> dependency (with no sensible way of turning it off). I shall add your
> patch with an explicit dependency on misc/ossp-uuid.

On second thought... the potential for wrong dependency issues with
conflicting ports, the lack of configuration options, the lack of shared
libraries (static only) and the realisation that most people have been
happy Prolog users without this feature so far, made me decide to rip it
out instead.

If anybody really wants to have ossp-uuid support in SWI Prolog, then
please let me know.

Cheers,
Johan