astro/foxtrotgps (1.1.1_1 from ports SVN r315646) crashes on start

Craig Whipp crwhipp at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 04:24:29 UTC 2013

On Mon, 29 Apr 2013 22:50:32 +0200
Pierre Pronchery <khorben at defora.org> wrote:

> 			Hey,
>
> On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 05:40:32PM +0200, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> > El día Sunday, April 28, 2013 a las 08:01:35PM +0200, Matthias
> > Apitz escribió:
> >
> > > Foxtrotgps crashes on start on 10-CURRENT r235646 during
> > > 'pthread_mutex_unlock', details follow below;
> >
> > The attached patch (to be placed in
> > astro/foxtrotgps/files/patch-src-main before 'make install') fixes
> > the bug;
>
> thank you for the patch, it fixes the reproducible crash upon startup,
> and I have committed it to pkgsrc-wip.
>
> However, I am afraid that it may break functionality, and allow only
> the main Gtk+ thread to start. Map download in particular was
> performed in a separate thread in TangoGPS IIRC, and here foxtrot
> doesn't download anything... I'm afraid this issue results from the
> patch. It may be more work than just this to get it to run properly :/
>
> Please let me know if it works better for you.

I don't have a CURRENT machine to test this on.  FoxtrotGPS works fine
on 9.1-RELEASE, without the patch.  What's the difference between 9.1
and -CURRENT that would cause this to break?

For what it's worth, my initial testing shows that map tile downloads
seem to work fine on 9.1-RELEASE with the patch applied, too.

- Craig