graphics/rawtherapee 4.0.10 issue

John Marino freebsdml at marino.st
Sun Apr 28 06:36:00 UTC 2013

On 4/27/2013 22:31, Waitman Gobble wrote:
> I have updated the port for rawtherapee 4.0.10, the new version is totally
> awesome..
> There is one issue that I do not understand how to address in my port.
>
> Since rawtherapee uses OpenMP / libgomp it links to /usr/lib/libgomp.so which
> is from base gcc, and
> too old. even if gcc4.6 is specified in the port it seems to link to gomp in
> /usr/lib..
>
> SO the question is, how do I address this issue in the port Makefile?? using
> USE_GCC=4.6 does not seem to get it to link to the gcc4.6 libraries for some
> reason, I'm missing something.

 From a conceptual point of view, rawtherapee needs to set the runpath
of the executables (e.g. -Wl,-R<path>) to gcc46 library path during
linking.  And then remove any ldconfig directives in the makefile.

You may be able to set this in LDFLAGS in the makefile, or you may have
to patch the rawtherepee makefile with a variable that the rawtherepee
makefile can substitute later with REINPLACE_CMD.  Obviously it needs to
work with gcc47, 48, etc. as well.

(Sorry, I didn't actually look at any files, I'm just talking about
approaches and concepts.)

John