optionsng not saving options on some ports

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 16:13:54 UTC 2013

Once again I hit a case where a port being upgraded by portmaster asked for
options configuration (dialog4ports) nd fails to either save it correctly
or to find the saved options.

I ran portmaster to upgrade ruby18-bdb43. I was asked to select options
three times, once for 'make fetch', one for 'make', and once for 'make
install'.  Unfortunately, it seems that the options I selected were simply
ignored as I de-selected both DOC and EXAMPLE, but both were built and
installed.

The same thing happened  while ago with another port (libxml2?). I assume
it is something about the way the Makefile is written that is wrong, but it
certainly is annoying and, if it was a port where I REALLY need a certain
option, I'd have a more serious problem.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com