FreeBSD ports you maintain which are out of date

Kevin Oberman kob6558 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 16:57:49 UTC 2012

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 7:45 AM, Alexander Yerenkow <yerenkow at gmail.com> wrote:
> In that case, near each port should be.mntr contact mentioned, to.make it
> easier for anyone to contact mntr immediately, instead making additional
> unnecessary steps.

I suspect that you are missing the fact that all ports which lack a
specific maintainer (most of them) are maintained by ports at . So the
messages to ports are only for the vast array of ports that are
unmaintained. There is no one else to contact.

Ideally, if someone has a little free time, they can look at the list
and pick a couple to update and submit the update in a PR to ports
with a category of "update". Or even better, become the maintainer,
yourself. I have been maintainer for a couple of ports that were
critical to my work, so I could be sure that they would be updated
promptly.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: kob6558 at gmail.com