[HEADSUP] New framework options aka optionng

Bryan Drewery bryan at shatow.net
Thu May 31 02:39:09 UTC 2012

Hi,

On 5/30/2012 9:29 PM, Doug Barton wrote:
> I'm confused by your answer. First, NLS is out of scope for the point
> I'm making. Second, are you saying that you made DOCS and EXAMPLES into
> OPTIONS? If so, are you saying that these options will now be presented
> by default to every user, for every port?

They are now OPTIONS, but they are not presented to the user by default
in 'make config'. Just honored and set by default.

> If the old NOPORTDOCS and NOPORTEXAMPLES knobs are still honored, and if
> we are not adding OPTIONS for these to every port, then I certainly have
> no objection to there being default knobs for DOCS and EXAMPLES that
> maintainers can choose to use for their ports.

Correct. They currently are still honored, as well as set if DOCS,
EXAMPLES, or NLS are not set to maintain compatibility with unconverted
ports.

You can see this in bsd.options.mk

Regards,
Bryan Drewery