xorg problems

John Marshall john.marshall at riverwillow.com.au
Sat May 26 08:59:41 UTC 2012

On 25/05/2012 05:18, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
> Without the cairo patch (because it doesn't work for me) I managed to workaround
> the bug creating a xorg.conf (I haven't done that for a while :)) containing
> this:
> Section "Device"
> 	Identifier "bla"
> 	Driver "intel"
> 	Option "AccelMethod" "XAA"
> EndSection
>
> note that my xorg-server is not built with hal (don't know if is important or
> not)

Brilliant! Worked for me too with unpatched cairo-1.12.2. My xorg-server
*is* built with HAL but I don't think that has any influence on the
Intel driver problem. Prior to the explicit XAA config in my Intel
Device Section, /var/log/Xorg.0.log showed that the method was
defaulting to EXA and X would freeze very soon after starting.

Thank you.

--
John Marshall