xorg problems

Jeremy Messenger mezz.freebsd at gmail.com
Wed May 23 01:46:22 UTC 2012

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 7:25 PM, Koop Mast <kwm at rainbow-runner.nl> wrote:
> On 22-5-2012 23:48, Warren Block wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 22 May 2012, Gök?in Akdeniz wrote:
>>
>>> If you downgrade "cairo port" it will be ok. If you update ports tree
>>> with csup try portdowngrade. If not try to get the old version of ciaro
>>> port as package, remove the new one and install the old one, then do
>>> nnot upgrade the cairo port. That will keep things working untill a bug
>>> fix is available.
>>

>> Yes, so far so good.  Downgraded to cairo-1.10.2_3,1 and have not seen the
>> garbling problem again.
>

> Just picking the last message in the thread.
>
> I found a Xorg bug report about the cairo 1.12 corruption. I will
> investigate this more closely tomorrow since I about to fall asleep. It
> seems there is a issue in EXA. People with cairo 1.12 should try to disable
> that and see if that helps. I think that can be done by putting the line
> below in your xorg.conf.
>
> Option "NoAccel" "true"

Yes, it's what I have collected from in Google search as well.

http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-announce/2012-May/001943.html
--------------------
* Pixmap (and bo leak) during fallback glyph composition

* Remove broken acceleration for rendering glyphs directly upon the
  destination pixmap, exposed by cairo-1.12.0 (and coincidentally fix
  another Pixmap leak upon fallback handling).
--------------------

Another for xorg-server 1.12.x:

https://projects.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/tree/trunk/EXA_Fall_back_earlier_and_more_thoroughly_from_exaGlyphsV2.diff?h=packages/xorg-server

I can't reproduce any of bug here with nvidia-driver as I have been
running for three or four days by now with GNOME 2, Firefox 12 and
etc.

Cheers,
Mezz

--