PHP 5.4.0 : lang/php54

Michael Scheidell scheidell at freebsd.org
Mon May 21 15:20:22 UTC 2012

On 5/21/12 11:17 AM, George Kontostanos wrote:
> Because currently there is no other way to do it unless you delete all
> your php5 packages and recompile them again under php53.
I think there was a published 'hack' to let you rename everything
php5->php53 in /var/db/pkg and /var/db/ports.

This is actually something I will be doing soon, because there are
enough incompatibilities with php54 (see the ports pr's with 'emergency'
fixes and patches), that I am concerned about out own internal code.

php54 seems to be a major api change from php53.

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
 >*| * SECNAP Network Security Corporation
d: +1.561.948.2259
w: http://people.freebsd.org/~scheidell