WITH_GCC

Gerald Pfeifer gerald at pfeifer.com
Mon May 21 02:54:27 UTC 2012

On Wed, 16 May 2012, Andriy Gapon wrote:
>>> +CFLAGS+=		${CFLAGS.${CC}}
>>> +CXXFLAGS+=		${CXXFLAGS.${CC}}
>>
>> Similarly here.  Where does this come from, why is it related to
>> the WITH_GCC versus USE_GCC patch?  Can and should this be split
>> out?  How is it used and where?  Where is it defined?
>
> This should be split out.  The use case is to make it possible to set
> something like the following in make.conf:
>
> CFLAGS.gcc46+= -fearlier-gcc-fails-with-this-flag-but-I-want-it-with-gcc46

I see!  The only question I have is whether, given there is also clang,
this is really best suited for Mk/bsd.gcc.mk, or this should rather
become part of the general Mk/bsd.port.mk?

To me it looks more like the latter, Mk/bsd.port.mk, but if not for
some reason, please add a comment to the top of the file Mk/bsd.gcc.mk
and commit this part.

Gerald