Procfs in Jail on fresh install of openjdk6

Horst Leitenmueller horst.leitenmueller at liwest.at
Sat May 19 14:05:43 UTC 2012

Hi

Thanks; but i'm not shure if this is the problem,

for me just not clear why then the procfs must be enabled ?
this is the hint in build of openjdk6

This OpenJDK implementation requires fdescfs(5) mounted on /dev/fd and
procfs(5) mounted on /proc.

If you have not done it yet, please do the following:

	mount -t fdescfs fdesc /dev/fd
	mount -t procfs proc /proc

To make it permanent, you need the following lines in /etc/fstab:

	fdesc	/dev/fd		fdescfs		rw	0	0
	proc	/proc		procfs		rw	0	0

i enabled it for jails

jail_jboss6_fdescfs_enable="YES"                # mount fdescfs in the jail
jail_jboss6_procfs_enable="YES"         # mount procfs in jail

and it will be mounted as this

devfs                                                      1.0K    1.0K      0B   100%    /usr/jails/jboss6/dev
fdescfs                                                    1.0K    1.0K      0B   100%    /usr/jails/jboss6/dev/fd
procfs                                                     4.0K    4.0K      0B   100%    /usr/jails/jboss6/proc

=> not nullfs ?  or do i understand something wrong ?

br horst