Xfce 4.10 on FreeBSD 9 release powerpc

Takashi Fujita rina.inverse01 at gmail.com
Tue May 15 12:22:03 UTC 2012

M9686J/A Mac mini G4 FreeBSD 9-Release is installed in 1.25 GHz.

The following contribution tends to be seen and it is going to install
Xfce4.10 in this environment.

> Hi folks,
>
> I've updated the xfce-4.10 tarball [1] (it contains only the latest
> versions of Xfce4 core).
> Changes :
> - Delete thunarvfs in bsd.xfce.mk, because this library now, is
> obsolete, even if it always used by archiver/squeeze (no update since
> 4 years).
> - Drop support of GTK3 in x11-themes/gtk-xfce-engine
>
> I've also add shell script 'xfcemerge' [2] (based on marcusmerge and
> kdemerge) to easily update ports tree. It works with tarball and with
> my repository.
>
> In my repository we can found the latest versions of :
> - x11/xfce4-screenshooter-plugin,
> - www/midori, http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=167536
> - sysutils/xfce4-battery-plugin (1.0.2)
> - sysutils/xfce4-systemload-plugin (1.1.0)
> - x11-clocks/xfce4-timer-out-plugin (1.0.1)
> - graphics/ristretto (0.6.0)
>
> Enjoy
>
> [1] http://xfce-ports.googlecode.com/files/xfce-4.10.tar.xz
> [2] http://xfce-ports.googlecode.com/files/xfcemerge

shell script'xfcemerge' was performed and port tree was updated.

When
[cd /usr/ports/x11-wm/xfce4]
[make config-recursive]
[make install clean]
and a command are executed after that, the following error comes out and
compile goes wrong.

===>  Installing for xfce-4.10
===>   xfce-4.10 depends on executable: xfwm4 - not found
===>    Verifying install for xfwm4 in /usr/ports/x11-wm/xfce4-wm
===>  Patching for xfce4-wm-4.10.0
===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for xfce4-wm-4.10.0
File to patch:
No file found--skip this patch? [n]y
2 out of 2 hunks ignored--saving rehects to
doc/manual/images/Makefile.in.rej
Can't create doc/manual/images/Makefile.in.rej, output is in
/tmp/patchrvHLsNE: No such file or directory
=> Patch patch-doc_manual_images_Makefile.in failed to apply cleanly.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/x11-wm/xfce4-wm.

--
Takashi Fujita