Boost ports update

Andriy Gapon avg at FreeBSD.org
Mon May 14 10:07:28 UTC 2012

on 14/05/2012 12:51 Max Brazhnikov said the following:
> On Mon, 14 May 2012 10:04:45 +0200, Armin Pirkovitsch wrote:
>> Hi Alex,
>>
>> is there anything we can do to help you with the update to 1.48 right
>> now?
>> The default release cycle of boost suggests that 1.50 will soon be
>> released (although we might have some time since there have been
>> questions about the release plan for 1.50 and no definite answers to it
>> yet)
>>
>> It would be nice to have 1.48 in ports prior to that release so we can
>> have a go at 1.50 as soon as it has been released...
>
> Here's the list of ports that fails with new boost:
> http://pointyhat-west.isc.freebsd.org/errorlogs/amd64-8-exp-latest/index_edited.html
>
> Patches and fixes are welcome. But I'm going to commit the update soon anyway.

Thank you!

For the ports like cgal where the error(s) result from interaction between boost
and Qt moc there are a few workarounds, but not proper fix yet (it seems):
 - a cgal specific one:
http://cgal-discuss.949826.n4.nabble.com/PATCH-prevent-Qt-s-moc-from-choking-on-BOOST-JOIN-td4081602.html
- more general:

The general theme is to use Q_MOC_RUN to guard against headers that moc doesn't
grok.

--
Andriy Gapon