Heimdal 1.5.2 problem

Robert Simmons rsimmons0 at gmail.com
Sun May 13 21:48:07 UTC 2012

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 1:15 PM, Matthias Andree <matthias.andree at gmx.de> wrote:
> Am 11.05.2012 04:42, schrieb Robert Simmons:
>
>> And, this is the version of BerkeleyDB that it compiles and installs
>> to satisfy the BDB backend that I enabled during config:
>> db41-4.1.25_4
>
> Try with the newest BDB that builds. Chances are versions 4.4 and beyond
> are better-behaved, chances are that they aren't.  db41 is very old.

Heimdal fails to compile if any other version of BDB is installed
already.  Also, according to the docs in Heimdal itself, GDBM is an
alternative, but when I install GDBM, configure for Heimdal does not
find it and goes ahead and installs db41.

>> Has anyone else successfully installed Heimdal 1.5.2 from ports on
>> FreeBSD 9.0?  What did you do differently than me?
>
> I'm using the base system Kerberos where needed (i. e. fetchmail as a
> GSSAPI client).

Have you or anyone else been able to successfully install Heimdal
1.5.2 from the ports tree using BDB?  If so, what steps did you take
that are different from what I did?