problem running pkg_delete

Stephen Montgomery-Smith stephen at missouri.edu
Sat May 12 23:31:45 UTC 2012

On 05/12/2012 06:25 PM, Stephen Montgomery-Smith wrote:
> On 05/12/2012 01:24 PM, Robert Huff wrote:
>>
>> Suddenly I'm getting:
>>
>> pkg_delete: the package info for package "Source" is corrupt
>>
>> Any ideas?
>
> Is it possible that you created a directory by accident inside
> /var/db/pkg called "Source"?

Also, I am trying to look through the source code in pkg_delete to see
what could have created this message.  As best as I can tell, this
message must have been created by the function matchallbyorigin in
/usr/src/usr.sbin/pkg_install/lib/match.c which was called by the
function pkg_do in /usr/src/usr.sbin/pkg_install/delete/perform.c.  The
source code for pkg_do contains the disclaimer "This is seriously ugly
code following.  Written very fast!"

Do you remember at all the command you typed that created this message?