Building gimp-2.8

Matthieu Volat mazhe at alkumuna.eu
Mon May 7 11:56:15 UTC 2012

Hello everybody,

As gimp 2.8 was released a few days ago, I naturaly tried to get it working on my 9.0-RELEASE desktop :)

I "forked" a few ports directories to bump gimp and the dependancies to the needed versions. Everything seems to work quite nicely.

I'm sure those modifications cannot be pushed right now in the ports tree, there are quite a few version bump that would impact other ports, but I'd like to share them anyway.

I've attached a tarball of my files, here are the list of modified ports:
glib20 -> 2.30.2
gio-fam-backend -> 2.30.2
atk -> 2.2.0
gtk -> 2.24.10
gdk-pixbuf2 -> 2.24.1
pango -> 1.29.4
babl -> 0.1.10
gegl -> 0.2.0
gimp -> 2.8.0

I hope it can help people wanting to upgrade to the lastest version of gimp.

--
Matthieu Volat <mazhe at alkumuna.eu>