FreeBSD Port: proftpd-1.3.4a_2

Miroslav Lachman 000.fbsd at quip.cz
Mon May 7 10:27:36 UTC 2012

Christian Reiss wrote:

> Hey there,
>
> The proftpd port is borked atm.
>
> If you (make config / make / make install) it with SFTP activated in
> the options you (still) don't get sftp.
>
> Activated Options:
>
> - - Deflate,
> - - IPV6,
> - - PCRE,
> - - SFTP,
> - - SFTPD.
>
> Configuration (SFTP part)
>
> SFTPEngine               on
> SFTPHostKey              /usr/local/certs/proftpd.key

[...]

> It worked in previous version perfectly.
> I tried upgrading my current server AND doing this from a clean 9.0
> install where I only added the abovementioned sftp configuration
> additions.

I think you need to read /usr/ports/UPDATING entry:

20120126:
   AFFECTS: users of ftp/proftpd and ftp/proftpd-mysql
   AUTHOR: Martin Matuska <mm at FreeBSD.org>

   The proftpd port has been updated to 1.3.4 and changed to use
   dynamically loadable modules. Please add corresponding LoadModule
   directives to your configuration file, like in the following example:

     LoadModule mod_tls.c