Master Site problem

Kevin Oberman kob6558 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 04:03:34 UTC 2012

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 10:15 AM, Chris Rees <crees at freebsd.org> wrote:
> On 27 March 2012 17:12, Olli Hauer <ohauer at freebsd.org> wrote:
>> On 2012-03-27 18:53, Paul Schmehl wrote:
>>> I'm trying to create a new port for a Perl module: CIF::Client.  You can find it here: <http://search.cpan.org/~saxjazman/CIF-Client-0.05/lib/CIF/Client.pm>
>>>
>>> I can't figure out how to define the Master Site so this thing will download.  Hopefully one of you perl cpan gurus can help.
>>>

>> Hi Paul,
>>
>> try the following
>>
>> a)
>> PORTNAME=       CIF-Client
>> MASTER_SITES=   CPAN
>> MASTER_SITE_SUBDIR=     CPAN:SAXJAZMAN/cif
>>
>> b)
>> PORTNAME=       cif-client
>> MASTER_SITES=   CPAN
>> MASTER_SITE_SUBDIR=     CPAN:SAXJAZMAN/cif
>> DISTNAME=       CIF-Client-${PORTVERSION}
>  ^^^^^^^
>
> I thought we tried to keep CaPiTaLiSaTiOn of PORTNAME consistent with
> upstream, just having the origin lowercase, or am I mistaken?

I believe that by our conventions it should be"
PORTNAME=       p5-CIF-Client

it's much easier to deal with perl version updates when you can just
'portmanager p5-'. Currently I use about 100 perl ports and only two
fail to follow this convention and they are top-level apps that happen
to be written in perl (net-snmp and dvd::rip).
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: kob6558 at gmail.com