sysutils/dvdisaster coredumps on FreeBSD/amd64 RELENG_9

C. P. Ghost cpghost at cordula.ws
Tue Mar 6 19:54:30 UTC 2012

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 3:20 PM, C. P. Ghost <cpghost at cordula.ws> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> the port sysutils/dvdisaster dumps core on FreeBSD RELENG_9/amd64
> when run in graphics mode. Using it with flags in text mode seems okay
> though (I think).
>
> Recompiling with CFLAGS=-g doesn't produce a usable backtrace.
>
> Maybe there's something broken in scsi-freebsd.c:DefaultDevice()
> or something called by DefaultDevice(); because if I short out
> DefaultDevice (with #if 0 ... #endif) and replace it with a simple
> call to g_strdup("no drives"), the GUI seems to work well -- it just
> doesn't populate the list of available devices.
>
> This is on
>  FreeBSD 9.0-STABLE #0 r232305 amd64
> with
>  dvdisaster-0.72.3

I've submitted PR ports/165787:
with a patch that temporarily comments out the
breakage.

@Carsten: I hope you can pinpoint the problem. I suspect
a change in FreeBSD's CAM layer API/ABI that causes some
sort of buffer overrun on RELENG_9. The patch points to the
exact line of code that causes dvdisaster 0.72.3 to crash.

Thanks,
-cpghost.

--
Cordula's Web. http://www.cordula.ws/