How to submit a new port along with its distfile?

Conrad J. Sabatier conrads at cox.net
Fri Mar 2 13:15:34 UTC 2012

I'm ready to submit a new ports-mgmt port for a package I've written,
but I need to have the distfile hosted on one of the FreeBSD sites
(running an anonymous ftp server on my own machine would violate my
ISP's TOS).

How does one go about submitting a new port under these conditions?
I need to submit both the port itself and the distfile.  And should I
set MASTER_SITES=LOCAL or MASTER_SITES=FREEBSD_ORG?

Sorry, I couldn't find the answer to this one in the Porter's Handbook.

Thanks!

--
Conrad J. Sabatier
conrads at cox.net