Options dialog display problem

Kevin Oberman kob6558 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 19:32:22 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 10:06 AM, Peggy Wilkins <enlil65 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Here is a screen shot of what I'm seeing when I run "make config" for
> security/sudo:
>
>   http://mozart.lib.uchicago.edu/mozart/images/sudo-config.jpg
>
> The leftmost column is mostly empty.  I can get it to partially
> display by moving my cursor up and down the list, but it doesn't ever
> draw properly.  Is anyone else seeing this problem?  It doesn't occur
> for all ports, only select ones.  Perhaps the issue is the text
> overflow on one of the lines?  Not sure...
>
> This is on FreeBSD 8.3-RELEASE-p3 with ports tree current as of yesterday.

I think this is a bug in dialog(1). It is the result of a description
extending past the end of the line as happens with the NLS
description.

It is not a problem with the new dialog in 9.0 and above, but still
exists in 7 and 8. I am not sure of how to fix it, but ISTR that
scrolling down the options would re-write the option name fields and
the selection status.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: kob6558 at gmail.com