Unable to build "graphics/ImageMagick" port

Carmel carmel_ny at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 19 21:13:02 UTC 2012

On Tue, 19 Jun 2012 11:47:54 -0700
Kevin Oberman articulated:

> On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 10:58 AM, Doug Barton <dougb at freebsd.org>
> wrote:
> > On 06/19/2012 10:31 AM, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> >> Once you have installed the new version, all tests should pass.
> >
> > I tried deleting the old version and running a variety of OPTIONS
> > combinations and still got failures with the latest version, even
> > with the default OPTIONS. Haven't tried mm's latest suggestions yet
> > though.
>
> Deleting the old version first won't help. If you look at the failure,
> the test will still try to use files from /usr/local and will fail.
> the only way I think it will work is to install without running tests,
> and then re-install with tests (or follow mm's advice, though that
> will leave you without HDRI support).
>
> It's a classic chicken/egg issue.

I installed it sans "Tests" and "HDRI" without problems. I then
attempted to install it with both options and it bombed out. I finally
just installed it with "HDRI" sans "Tests" and it installed fine. I did
not attempt to install it sans the "HDRI" option but with the "Tests"
option. I leave that exercise to someone with more time to
invest than I do.

--
Carmel ✌
carmel_ny at hotmail.com