Skype 4.0

Robert Huff roberthuff at rcn.com
Fri Jun 15 21:38:20 UTC 2012

Rich Neese writes:

>  >> Skype 4.0 for Linux is now available. Is there any possibility of
>  >> getting it ported to FreeBSD? The latest version in ports is only
>  >> 2.x.

	<deletia>

>  I just wish skype would get off their buts and make a bsd
>  version. time to break code and make a opensource version

	That would be a lot of work, and subject to Skype altering
with the protocol and various	internal bits.
	Last time this came around on the gee-tar, I believe the root
problem was higher versions don't work with the Linux emulation
code.  Improving that would also be a lot of work (probably
involving different skills) ... but would benefit all programs that
run under emulation.

				Robert Huff