port unmaintained since 2005? drop it? misc/gpt*

Brooks Davis brooks at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jun 12 02:35:23 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 01:45:40AM -0400, Michael Scheidell wrote:

> On 6/11/12 4:31 AM, perryh at pluto.rain.com wrote:
> > Dunno what (if anything) they are currently good for, but it seems
> > that, at a minimum, the PORTVERSION and/or MASTER_SITES -- and the
> > pkg-descr -- need to be updated.
> They still don't build.
> And, they still aren't need by anything in ports tree (again, globus was
> deleted from ports tree in 2008)
>
> anyone want to maintain them?  I'll tag your name on the ports for you.

As the person who originally ported and committed them, I say they should
be taken out and shot.  They were unmaintainable from the start without
a significant number of users to drive the upstream to stop making bad
decisions.

-- Brooks