port unmaintained since 2005? drop it? misc/gpt*

b. f. bf1783 at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 11 06:33:53 UTC 2012

On 6/11/12, Michael Scheidell <scheidell at freebsd.org> wrote:

> On 6/10/12 11:14 PM, b. f. wrote:
>> The distribution files are at:
>>
>> ftp://ftp.ncsa.uiuc.edu/aces/gpt/releases
>>
>> and the homepage is:
>>
>> http://grid.ncsa.illinois.edu/gpt/
>>
>> (And Globus is at:
>>
>> http://www.globus.org/toolkit/    )
>>
>> Time to determine this:<  1 min.
>>
>> b.
> glad to know you are volunteering to maintain these ports.
> I will resurrect globus from the archives (where it has been since 2008,
> see /usr/ports/MOVED),
> which email address do you want in the MAINTAINER= line?

Heh, not so fast.  I've got other things to do first.  I was just
pointing out that it is not so hard to correct some of the stale
information, and it is useful to do this as a pointer to those who may
wish to more actively maintain the port later, even if it is moved to
the attic in a few months.

I should add that globus comes with a bundled version of gpt, and I
think the Debian port is based upon this -- it's at 3.6.x.  Also, that
brooks@, who was involved in adding this port and other related
software, could probably tell you more about grid software.

b.