math/ess CONFLICTS with devel/noweb, help with CONFLICTS= needed

Christopher J. Ruwe cjr at cruwe.de
Sun Jun 10 09:16:18 UTC 2012

On Sat, 09 Jun 2012 21:16:04 +0200
Mel Flynn <rflynn at acsalaska.net> wrote:

> On 9-6-2012 14:02, Matthew Seaman wrote:
> > On 09/06/2012 12:25, Christopher J. Ruwe wrote:
> >> Thanks for your quick answer. Incidentally, I am at this moment
> >> also preparing a maintainer update for a new version of math/ess.
> >> Should I perpare two PRs, one for the CONFLICTS and one for the
> >> actual update or is it permissable to pack these two into one?
> >
> > It is best to put all the changes you want to make into one PR.
> > That will get it processed most efficiently.
>
> And if there's a PR for the conflict problem, then mention in your
> update PR that this update "closes PR xxxxxx".

Thanks for reminding me, I would surely have forgotten. However, closing
another PR does not apply, I was approached using private mail by a
group apparently implementing something like a FreeBSD ports conflicts
checker, who are systematically combing the ports tree for conflicts not
yet known by the maintainers.

Some maintainer update PRs already adress problems thus found.

Thanks, cheers,
--
Christopher J. Ruwe
TZ: GMT + 1h