[HEADSUP] Please convert your ports to new options framework

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Sat Jun 9 09:03:23 UTC 2012

On 09/06/2012 09:38, Thomas Mueller wrote:
> Where is all this about the new options framework documented?

Here:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/makefile-options.html

> There ought to be something in UPDATING file telling users what to do to stay properly in sync.

Users basically don't need to do anything different at the moment.
OPTIONS dialogues may look a bit different, and the descriptive text
might change a bit, but they work in exactly the same way from the user
perspective.

If you have WITH_FOO or WITHOUT_FOO definitions in /etc/make.conf or
similar, then you will probably need to do some editing at some point.
Not all WITH_/WITHOUT_ options are going: just the ones that are
controlled by OPTIONS dialogues.  For now, I believe everything should
still keep working as before -- deleting the compatibility code is
planned, but it's going to be a while yet before the ports is anywhere
near ready for that to happen.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                  Flat 3