Zenoss Port Web-UI seems incomplete

Ruslan Mahmatkhanov cvs-src at yandex.ru
Wed Jun 6 18:03:58 UTC 2012

Kaya Saman wrote on 06.06.2012 21:55:
> [...]
>> How are you accessing the system? What port?
>> I have set it up locally, and can access it on port 8080:
>>
>> http://localhost:8080
>>
>> -jgh
>>
> That is exactly how I set it up which should actually just be this by
> default....
>

> When I had the service started initially I used:
>
> service zenoss start
>
> (just to add here: I didn't know that one could use the 'service'
> command on FreeBSD and thought it was only RPM based Linux centric)

It was added since 8.3 if I recall correctly. It's the same that if you
run it as /usr/local/etc/rc.d/zenoss start.

> I noticed that some of the other daemons hadn't started so I decided to
> reboot.
>
> Running /usr/local/etc/rc.d/zenoss stop/start after the restart still
> didn't get the web-ui functioning??

Why you starting it manually? As far I understand you added
zenoss_enable="YES" into /etc/rc.conf, so it should start automatically
on boot.

> ....so I took the errors in the logs and posted here.
>
> Am confused!

Ok, at least you are now connected with right people that using Zenoss
and actually maintaining the port. So I'm now going to shadow :)

--
Regards,
Ruslan

Tinderboxing kills... the drives.