fetchmail can't find python?

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Wed Jul 25 12:22:05 UTC 2012

On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 12:40:50 +0100
Anton Shterenlikht articulated:

> While rebuilding fetchmail again, I noticed this line
> in configure logs:
>
> configure: WARNING: Disabling fetchmailconf: python 2.0 or greater
> not found
>
> I've got python all right:
>
> # pkg info -xo python
> python27-2.7.3_3: lang/python27
> #
>
> So what does this mean?
>
> In case it matters, this is on
>
> # uname -a
> FreeBSD mech-cluster241.men.bris.ac.uk 10.0-CURRENT FreeBSD
> 10.0-CURRENT #6 r237134: Mon Jun 18 09:02:17 BST 2012
> root at mech-cluster241.men.bris.ac.uk:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/TZAV  ia64 #

I had a similar problem with "ruby", obviously with another program
recently. I simply did an R&R of the port and now everything works fine.
I have found over the years that certain programs just seem to disappear
for no apparent reason and usually at the most in-opportunistic times.

By the way, does "which python" reveal anything?

--
Jerry ♔

The English have no respect for their language, and will not teach
their children to speak it.

	George Bernard Shaw