i386/164629: OpenSIPS package is not avaible

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Tue Jan 31 11:01:38 UTC 2012

On 31/01/2012 10:24, Serhat AKCA wrote:
> This is really important for our company. We are building a new brand
> systems. And a i want to use FreeBSD.
> Sorry for questioning in forum. My question was below. Tahnk you
>
> FreeBSD is supperting SER and OpenSER. But i cannot see OpenSIPS. It is not
> avaible in yout port list ? why ?

Almost certainly because no-one has got around to porting it yet.

If this response is unsatisfactory to you, remember there's a full
money-back guarrantee on FreeBSD.  Yes, you can receive compensation for
your outlay up to the full value of $0.00 simply by stating that you are
unhappy with the service.  We'll even convert that to the currency of
your choice and add 10% just for the inconvenience.

Seriously though: this is a volunteer project, and unless someone
volunteers, it doesn't happen.  If it's important to you, why not try
porting it yourself?  It really isn't that hard for someone with
reasonable unixy skills.  There's lots of people on the freebsd-ports@
list who will be happy to help if you run into difficulties.  You will
receive kudos from the world and earn the adulation of your peers.

In fact, this whole subject would be more appropriate for the
freebsd-ports at freebsd.org list.  Try asking again there.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                  Flat 3