databases/postgresql91-server - fails to compile with selected options

Chris Rees crees at freebsd.org
Mon Jan 30 15:50:35 UTC 2012

On 30 January 2012 14:53, Volodymyr Kostyrko <c.kworr at gmail.com> wrote:
> Volodymyr Kostyrko wrote:
>>
>> I'm in process of upgrading FreeBSD to 9.0 on my servers. Today I found
>> that databases/postgresql91-server stops building with my selected
>> options. The one that pains me most is absence of pam integration.
>

> I've found who to blame:
>
> "/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk", line 1258: warning:
> OPTIONSFILE:/var/db/ports/postgresql/options UNIQUENAME:postgresql
> "/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk", line 5935: warning:
> OPTIONSFILE:/var/db/ports/postgresql91/options UNIQUENAME:postgresql91
> "/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk", line 6056: warning:
> OPTIONSFILE:/var/db/ports/postgresql91/options UNIQUENAME:postgresql91
>
> 4 days ago +crees added UNIQUNAME declaration to port and now it actually
> fails to find correct configuration.
>
> Dunno how to fix though...

D'oh!

The Makefile defines DISTVERSION, but UNIQUENAME depends on
PORTVERSION, which isn't set at that point.

This means that UNIQUENAME changes halfway through bsd.port.mk.

I'm really sorry about that; I'm not sure how it went unnoticed.
Thank you for the report, I'll fix it when I get home.

For now, just replace the PORTVERSION in UNIQUENAME with DISTVERSION,
it'll work then.

Chris