"portmaster -o" behaves a little strangely (IMHO)

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jan 24 20:32:10 UTC 2012

On 01/24/2012 06:19, Conrad J. Sabatier wrote:
> ===>>> Gathering dependency list for lang/gcc46 from ports
> ===>>> Launching child to update gcc-4.4.7.20111108 to
> gcc-4.4.7.20120117
>         lang/gcc46 >> gcc-4.4.7.20111108
>
> (What is the preceding line -- with the ">>" -- and the similar one
> below, supposed to be indicating exactly?  If it means what I think it
> does, then it seems as if portmaster is misinterpreting the intention
> of the "-o" option)

No, it means that the ports framework is seeing 4.4 as a dependency of
4.6 for some reason. I've seen that happen in the past when non-base gcc
was in use, but have never had anyone track down the cause
authoritatively. Obviously make.conf is a suspect, but I'm assuming you
already looked there.

What you probably have to do is pkg_delete -f 4.4, then do the same
portmaster -o command but with 'lang/gcc44' as the second argument.

hth,

Doug

--

	It's always a long day; 86400 doesn't fit into a short.