What is the best way to _not_ install licenses?

Sun Jan 22 15:14:03 UTC 2012

On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 13:44:25 +0000 Chris Rees <crees at freebsd.org> wrote:

> On 22 January 2012 13:13, Da Rock
> <freebsd-ports at herveybayaustralia.com.au> wrote:
> > I'm back to resolve some issues with my new port ports/164113.
> >
> > I have to not install license as per instructions in the porters
> > handbook (which I wasn't aware it was doing). What is the best way
> > to achieve this?
>
> Huh? Why don't you want to install the licence?

Seems there's a little bit of confusion around. The port itself is
fine, the version in ports does not install any license. The redports
log he looked at was based upon what he submitted, but it is not what I
committed. So for the port there's nothing to do ATM.

The problem with the licenses framework and the linuxulator ports is,
that the licenses framework assumes, that PREFIX/share does not need to
be removed (it needs to be removed in the linuxulator case). My
workaround was to specify NO_LICENSES_INSTALL=yes.

Another problem is probably, that the licenses framework writes the
license to WRKDIR/license_name and the linuxulator ports install
everything from WRKDIR except "WRKDIR/.*". This way we get
PREFIX/license_name, again without a PLIST entry like the PREFIX/share
directory. My workaround was to do a RM PREFIX/license_name in
post-install.

I submitted a PR regarding the deficits of the licenses framework when
used in linuxulator ports.

Bye,
Alexander.