Doing SQL to the FreeBSD ports index

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Fri Jan 20 16:29:53 UTC 2012

Dear all,

Apropos nothing much at all, but congruent with some of the discussion
going on in this list at the moment, I've been playing around loading
ports index related data into a RDBMS and querying that to pull out
interesting factoids, or indeed a complete INDEX file.  I didn't start
doing this with any idea other than my own edification but now it seems
it might be vaguely useful here and there, so I've stuck a copy on my
website:

   http://www.infracaninophile.co.uk/articles/portindexdb/

I'd be happy to hear from anyone using this, or receive bug reports /
feature requests.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                  Flat 3