Acroread: contacting maintainer

Da Rock freebsd-ports at herveybayaustralia.com.au
Mon Jan 16 03:44:37 UTC 2012

What is the correct way to contact the maintainer for a port? Does one
contact directly? Or through a list (this one?)? Or pr?

I'm trying to contact the maintainer of the acroread ports to see if
they can put in a dependency on linux-f10-cups-libs for the ease of use
by general users, and to enable acceptance by the graphics industry niche.

I tried a direct email, but I've received no response as yet after
several days; and I'm not 100% sure I did the right thing.

Cheers