Port suggestion: Chrome OS fonts

Pedro Giffuni pfg at freebsd.org
Sat Jan 14 17:24:41 UTC 2012

(I posted this to -office but I would've CC'd -ports too.)

Hello;

I think we should have a port the new fonts that the Google
Chrome OS developers have made to replace the so-called
Liberation fonts:

http://chromestory.com/2010/09/default-fonts-of-chrome-os-tinos-arimo-and-cousine/

The best place to get them seems to be here
http://gsdview.appspot.com/chromeos-localmirror/distfiles/croscorefonts-1.21.0.tar.gz

but I couldn't get them with fetch(1) for an unknown reason.

As you may know, Apache OpenOffice won't be carrying anything
GPL'd so the Liberation fonts won't be included, which is not
really a problem as we can use them pre-packaged in FreeBSD,
but while looking for replacements, these seem to be better.

best regards,

Pedro.