linux-f10-nss_ldap: my first port - be gentle :)

Sun Jan 8 15:03:36 UTC 2012

On Sat, 7 Jan 2012 20:31:04 +0000 Chris Rees <crees at freebsd.org> wrote:

> On 6 January 2012 21:16, Alexander Leidinger
> <Alexander at leidinger.net> wrote:
> > The linux ports are a little bit special. They are binary ports and
> > the GPL requires that we distribute the source too.
>
> Really? That's not how I read the GPL, nor its interpretation:
>
> http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhatDoesWrittenOfferValid

Let's rephrase it:

In a discussion with portmgr@, we decided to add the SRPMs to the linux
ports, and write code to let the port build cluster fetch the SRPMs
too. A normal build without PACKAGE_BUILDING defined should not fetch
the SRPMS. This way we make sure the distfiles for the linux binaries
are available on FreeBSD-project storage.

I do not know if the SPRMs are on the release media or not, but they
should be available somewhere on FreeBSD resources.

Bye,
Alexander.