linux-f10-nss_ldap: my first port - be gentle :)

Da Rock freebsd-ports at herveybayaustralia.com.au
Sat Jan 7 13:05:56 UTC 2012

On 01/07/12 19:11, Gary Jennejohn wrote:
> On Sat, 07 Jan 2012 12:46:54 +1000
> Da Rock<freebsd-ports at herveybayaustralia.com.au>  wrote:
>
>> And finally checksums: I create a checksum for the port, the linux sites
>> have checksums, and I was advised in passing to check the checksums
>> match. The checksums are going to differ aren't they? Linux and BSD
>> checksums wouldn't be the same, surely?
>>
> MD5 checksums should always match - it's the same algorithm.  Not sure
> what the various distros use for Linux.

Thats my point - linux uses SHA256 I believe.

And thats not my biggest problem. As I suspected the linux sites have
removed the rpm, so I have to either find it on a host somewhere or host
it myself.  My goal is to somehow prepend MASTERSITES to look to my host
first, then one of the linux sites, then a backup host? and hopefully
one will hit if mine is down for whatever reason.

Has anyone had any experience with rpm.pbone.net?