linux-f10-nss_ldap: my first port - be gentle :)

Paul Schmehl pschmehl_lists at tx.rr.com
Thu Jan 5 16:27:00 UTC 2012

--On January 5, 2012 12:22:45 PM +1000 Da Rock
<freebsd-ports at herveybayaustralia.com.au> wrote:

> Ok. I've been working through the handbook step by step, and I'm stuck at
> checksums so I probably haven't yet reached that part yet. I'll check it
> out now....

To get the checksums, type make fetch to download the packages and then
make makesum to get the checksums.  This is a critical step for a port.
You need to make sure the checksum matches what the site says it should be,
because everyone who builds that port will be expecting that to be correct.
They're counting on that checksum to ensure that they don't download a
compromised copy of the software.

--
Paul Schmehl, Senior Infosec Analyst