portupgrade -> portmaster Rosetta Stone?

Miroslav Lachman 000.fbsd at quip.cz
Tue Feb 28 17:27:15 UTC 2012

Chris Rees wrote:
> On 28 Feb 2012 12:26, "Lee Dilkie"<lee at dilkie.com>  wrote:

>>> Set PAGER=cat.
>>
>> seems a little obtuse.... what's wrong with a flag?
>>

> Because you aren't meant to skip pkg-messages?

It is not the right point. Bare ports system allows what I need:

make deinstall & make install && service mysql-server restart

It is not about to skip the message. The message will be shown and user
can read it, the problem is "you are forced to interactive step", eg.
you must press a key to continue (to restart the service, which is down)

So until there will be some hooks in portmaster or ports system to
request service restart after upgrade (as in portupgrade), I am looking
for some flag or whatever to do it manually without interactive step.

If there is no better way to do it, I will try to set PAGER on next
mysql upgrade.

Thanks for the tip

Miroslav Lachman