dl library and fdatasync(2)

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Fri Feb 24 19:15:34 UTC 2012

On Feb 24, 2012, at 10:40 AM, Norman Khine wrote:
> i am trying to build nodejs on freebsd9, and get a warning:
>
> Checking for library dl                  : not found
>
> Checking for fdatasync(2) with c++       : no
>
> could someone point me where these libraries are?

FreeBSD's libc provides dlopen(), dlclose(), etc-- there's no need for a separate libdl to do dynamic loading.

fdatasync(2) is a cheaper version of fsync(2) which does not try to update filesystem metadata; using soft updates with FreeBSD's  UFS2 filesystem already provides most of the benefits.  So you don't need that either, just call fsync() instead.

Regards,
--
-Chuck