linux-f10-flashplugin11 not works for 9-stable (Linuxulator?)

Volodymyr Kostyrko c.kworr at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 10:07:52 UTC 2012

Andrey Chernov wrote:
> Just in case it may help somebody: the cause (but not the root) of the
> problem is found and workaround too.
>
> The cause of the problem is
> ::1                     localhost localhost.my.domain
> line from our _standard_ /usr/src/etc/hosts which comes first before
> 127.0.0.1               localhost localhost.my.domain
> line.
>
> Linux takes the first match on localhost, i.e. ::1, then tries
>          8605 npviewer.bin STRU  struct sockaddr { AF_INET6, [::1]:6010 }
> it was last command from npviewer.bin, then it immeditelly terminates:
>          8605 npviewer.bin RET   linux_socketcall -1 errno 4 Interrupted system call
>          8605 npviewer.bin PSIG  SIGTERM SIG_DFL code=0x10001
>
> The workaround is to switch lines order in /etc/hosts, i.e.
>          127.0.0.1 localhost
>          ::1 localhost
> to make IPv4 one comes first. Flash works afterwards.
>
> The bug affects IPv6-enabled machines with IPv4 over IPv6 preferred or
> maybe IPv4 too I don't know, but since we don't have such reports in mass,
> I think IPv4-only setup is fine.

Can you clarify this a bit? I have at least one machine with vanilla
/etc/hosts connected to IPv4/IPv6 network (i.e. some internal hosts
resolve to IPv6) and flash works fine there.

The DEPEND list on www/nspluginwrapper lists ftp/curl as a dependence.
And this port can be built without IPv6. Can you check your ports
configuration about enabling IPv6 support?

--
Sphinx of black quartz judge my vow.