[CFT] Hadoop preliminary port

Bleakwiser traebarlow at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 12:13:25 UTC 2012

'Ello.

Singing in to let you know that I'm setting up FreeBSD 9.0 amd-64 in a
Virtual-BOX machine (4096MB / 3CPU)  and plan on setting up a FTHHJ (FreeBSD
Tomcat-7 Hadoop Hive Diablo-Java... just coined that o.0) server and writing
up some basic MapReduce methods in Java using a customized Eclipse IDE in
Win7.

How current is this port? I'm excited to get my hands on 1.0.0. I'll give
your port a try, if I run into any obstacles I can't get past I'll use
portmaster to remove your port from userland and try out Apache's CVS guide
and repo.

Anyway... be expecting an update. Now to recall some of my University
Composition/Rhetoric skills and write something up everyone who got here
through Google would appreciate. Let me know if you (Not just the OP,  you,
yes YOU can subscribe to this list at nabble.com speak and be heard) have
any POI (Points of Interest) that you'd like me to engage in more detail.

If nobody replies expect a howto guide taking the reader from a-z. At the
very least a shameful admission of failure and defeat. xD