porting percona's xtrabackup (currently version 1.6.4)

claudiu vasadi claudiu.vasadi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 23:07:53 UTC 2012

Hi Phillip,

I played around a bit and and had some progress. This is what I have now:

PORTNAME= xtrabackup
PORTVERSION= 1.6.4
CATEGORIES= databases
MASTER_SITES=
http://www.percona.com/downloads/XtraBackup/XtraBackup-1.6.4/source/

MAINTAINER= claudiu.vasadi at gmail.com
COMMENT= OpenSource version of InnoDB backup with support of Percona
extensions

MAKE_JOBS_SAFE= yes

OPTIONS= innodb51_builtin "built-in InnoDB in MySQL 5.1" off \
innodb51 "InnoDB plugin in MySQL 5.1" off \
innodb55 "InnoDB in MySQL 5.5" on \
xtradb51 "Percona Server with XtraDB 5.1" off \
xtradb55 "Percona Server with XtraDB 5.5" off

BUILD_DEPENDS= bash:${PORTSDIR}/shells/bash \
bzr:${PORTSDIR}/devel/bazaar-ng \
wget:${PORTSDIR}/ftp/wget

HAS_CONFIGURE= yes
CONFIGURE_ENV= AUTO_DOWNLOAD="yes"
CONFIGURE_WRKSRC= ${WRKSRC}
CONFIGURE_SCRIPT= utils/build.sh

# not really working, allway picking up "innodb51_builtin" (first option)
instead of the option selected
CONFIGURE_ARGS= ${OPTIONS}

.include <bsd.port.mk>

For the moment, this is my TO-DO list:
1) make $OPTIONS be delivered to the "build.sh" script (I tried via the
"CONFIGURE_ARGS" but I guess that's not the way to do it. I also read "
bsd.port.mk" but couldn;t see how I could accomplish this)
2) make the "build.sh" script run under a "bash" shell
3) pkg-plist
4) definitely more but I'm tired now

Any pointers are greatly appreciated.

--