net/freerdp 1.0.0

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Wed Feb 8 01:20:19 UTC 2012

On 02/07/2012 02:49, Andriy Gapon wrote:

> I would like to ask you to review and test the port in this PR:

Using the latest shar on up to date 8-stable i386 it seems to run fine.
FWIW I'm using the port with all of the OPTIONS UNchecked.

A couple of notes:

* There is a man page listed in the Makefile, but it doesn't seem to exist.
* When I exit I get this: Failed to check xfreerdp file descriptor

> I also would to discuss with the port's users the best approach to updating it.

Given that I use this daily for $WORK and am heavily dependent on it, I
really appreciate you asking this question. :)  My suggestion is that
once you're confident that it is effective as a superset of the old
version then go ahead and update the port. If it turns out that people
have trouble with the new version that cannot be addressed in a timely
manner you can always proceed with adding the -legacy port that you
mentioned in your PR.

One word of caution for those (like me) who have a button or other
mechanism to start it from your DE, and are connecting to something
that's SSL protected. Start it on the command line first, so that you
can answer the dialog about accepting the SSL certificate. I filled a 2G
/var/log in less than a minute before I realized why the thing hadn't
popped up a window yet.

hth,

Doug

--

	It's always a long day; 86400 doesn't fit into a short.