FreeBSD ports which are currently scheduled for deletion

Svyatoslav Lempert svyatoslav.lempert at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 01:13:58 UTC 2012

2012/2/7  <linimon at freebsd.org>:
> The ports, and the reason and date that they have been scheduled
> for removal, are listed below.  If no one has stepped forward before
> that time to propose a way to fix the problems (such as via a PR),
> the ports will be deleted.
>
> portname:           lang/php52
> maintainer:         admin at lissyara.su
> deprecated because: PHP 5.2 series is not supported anymore, migrate now
> expiration date:    2012-03-01
> build errors:       none.
> overview:           http://portsmon.FreeBSD.org/portoverview.py?category=lang&portname=php52

Why so much wish to remove lang/php52? This release is distributed as
in the oldstable at http://php.net/downloads.php without restriction.

Much more than the right idea to remove lang/php4 it is an older
version without any support in other OS (such as Debian or RHEL) and
PHP4 should be in a museum! I moved a lot of old sites with PHP4 to
PHP 5.2 and I had no problems with them either, because there is
compatibility. And it was not necessary to edit the code.

Do not break the Web. Versions 5.2 and 5.3 are not compatible. Really.
 Support for 5.2 is required.
Bugs are everywhere. But the patches come out. RHEL and Debian
oldstable release them like a few days ago for critical
vulnerabilities. Take a look and tell me what PR/164849 is not good.
Because we can also distribute patches inside of ports as separate
files or change any other. Think about it? Why so much hatred for
lang/php52?

--
Svyatoslav