Input on "most correct" way to set IS_INTERACTIVE for Postfix ports

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Wed Feb 8 00:06:53 UTC 2012

On 02/07/2012 13:18, Freddie Cash wrote:

>>>   - POSTFIX_DEFAULT_MTA is unset
>>
>> Right, but regardless of whether this is set, or what it is set to, the script still asks a question unless other conditions are met, and only the default answer (that is displayed along with the query) is affected.  Are you suggesting that we change the behavior to not ask the question at all, and just leave mailer.conf alone if the latter variable above is unset, and always change mailer.conf if it is set?  I just want to make sure I understand your suggestion.
>
> Couldn't you add an OPTION for updating mailer.conf? Then, if that
> OPTION is set, update mailer.conf; and if it isn't set, then leave
> mailer.conf alone.

On my package-building system I do not want to twiddle mailer.conf, but
on the systems that I install the package on, I do.

Doug

--

	It's always a long day; 86400 doesn't fit into a short.