Zarafa port

rflynn at acsalaska.net rflynn at acsalaska.net
Mon Feb 6 18:10:26 UTC 2012

Hi Bernhard,

> Some projects also ship modified versions of a dependency in their
> tree. Good
> examples for that are multimedia applications depending on ffmpeg. When
> they
> do a release their modified ffmpeg sources are included in their source
> tarball. If that is also the case for zarafa then don't create new
> ports for
> that but compile the libraries as part of the zarafa port.

I decided to go with a slave port for libical as they both use the same
version with unmodified sources. It has the best of both worlds, as I can
decide down the line to make it it's own port if things stray too far apart
from libical upstream or merge it into libical if they don't.

The library sources aren't part of the main source tree, just available at
Zarafa's site for download with separate patch downloads.

Just had the first successful `make configure', so now it's time
to look at all the OPTIONal stuff, alter some default paths and
what -DOPENBSD can do for us.

-- Mel